2nd & 3rd June 1964
R.C.T.S. / Stephenson
(Joint Isle of Man)
|Locos Used||IMR 8 'Fenella', IMR 10 'G.H. Wood', IMR 16 'Mannin' & IMR 12 'Hutchinson'|
|Trams Used||MER 5 & SMR ?|
|Stock Used||: DCT Saloon No.1
: 'Toast Rack' car
: F36+F46 (as used by HM the Queen Mother)
:  + service train stock
??? Hotal - Derby Castle (1)
|02/06||MER 5||-||09.38d Derby Castle - Groudle Glen (2) - Laxey|
|02/06||SMR ?||-||Laxey - Bungalow - Snaefell|
|02/06||SMR ?||-||Snaefell - Bungalow - Laxey|
|02/06||MER 5?||-||Laxey - Ramsay|
|02/06||Planet tractor||||trip on Queens Pier Railway|
|02/06||MER 5?||-||Ramsay - Laxey - Derby Castle|
|03/06||IMR 8||||09.15d Douglas - Castletown - Port Erin|
|03/06||IMR 10 (3)||||10.35d Port Erin - Castletown - Douglas|
|03/06||IMR 8||||12.20d Douglas - Crosby - St Johns - Peel|
|03/06||IMR 16? (4)||||Peel - St Johns|
|03/06||IMR 8||||St Johns - Kirk Michael - Ramsey|
|03/06||IMR 8 (5)||||Ramsey - Kirk Michael|
|03/06||IMR 8||||Kirk Michael - St Johns - Crosby - Douglas|
(1) For visits to Douglas Corporation Tramways car sheds and Manx Electric Railway depot.
(2) Groudle Glen Railway visited but no trains in action (out of season).
(3) 10.35 service train plus tour stock: IMR 8 on rear.
(4) Reported as: During a break for lunch at Peel, IMR 8 'Fenella' and the special coaches were again attached to a service train, this time destined for St Johns in charge of large boilered 2-4-0T 16 'Mannin'. Confirmation is required if the train was marshalled as: 16 + service train stock + tour stock + 8, or some other way?
(5) Reported as: The special was once again amalgamated into a service train largely filled with homeward-bound schoolchildren, with 'Fenella' coupled ahead of 'Hutchinson'. Two coaches were detached and shunted at Kirk Michael. Confirmation is required if the train was marshalled as: 8 + tour stock + 12 + service train stock, or some other way?
Sources : Gary Thornton, Ian Clark (SLS) & John
No. 16 'Mannin' at Peel (photo: J.J.Davis/The John Debens Collection)
No. 8 'Fenella' at Crosby (photo: J.J.Davis/The John Debens Collection)
No. 8 'Fenella' at Balsalla (photo: J.J.Davis/The John Debens Collection)
Back to "The Railtour Files"