1st June 1963
|Locos Used||D4097, D5351, D6126, D6137, 256 'Glen Douglas', 64632, 64592 & 64636|
|Stock Used||9 coaches|
|256 + 64632 (1)||Glasgow Queen Street - ??? - Craigendoran Jn - Ardlui - Crianlarich - Bridge of Orchy - Gorton Crossing (2)|
|256||Gorton Crossing - Rannoch|
|(6) D6137 + 256||Rannoch - Fort William (3)|
|64636 + 64592||Fort William - Glenfinnan - Mallaig (4)|
|D5351||Mallaig - Fort William Jn|
|D4097 (5)||Fort William Jn - Fort William|
|D5351||Fort William - (reverse of outward route) - Craigendoran Jn - ??? - Glasgow Queen Street|
(1) Banked out of Glasgow Queen Street by D6126.
(2) 64632 (originally uploaded as 64362 in error) was failed ('seriously overheating') and removed from the train.
(3) 256 was failed on arrival into Fort William.
(4) On arrival at Mallaig both steam locos 'were found unfit to return to Fort William'.
(5) D4097 was used to release D5351 to enable a quick run-round.
(6) D6137 was originally uploaded as D6131 however Ian Henderson records this loco as having been D6137 and this has been further confirmed by Peter Tatlow.
From The John Debens Ticket Collection.
Sources : John Debens, John Robin & John
Timings (Booked & Actual)
(from John Robin & Peter Tatlow)
|Glasgow Queen Street||07.53d||07.53||22.03a||00.08|
|Helensburgh Upper||08.40 ~ 08.41||?||21.04||?|
|Garelochhead||08.41 ~ 08.56||??.?? ~ 09.04||20w44 ~ 20w49||?|
|Ardlui||09/40||??w?? ~ ??w??||20/04||?|
|Crianlarich||10w00 ~ 10w05||??x?? ~ ??x??||19w39 ~ 19w47||?|
|Bridge of Orchy||10/33||11/18||?19x09 ~ 19x14||?|
|Gorton Crossing||10/51||??L?? ~ ??L??||18.49 ~ 18.54||?|
|Rannoch||11x04||??L?? ~ 12L43||18.31 ~ 18.36||?|
|Tulloch||11/41||?||17w43 ~ 17w48||??.?? ~ ??.??|
|Fort William||12L12 ~ 12L23||??.?? ~ 14.38||16.35 ~ 17.00||18.47 ~ 19.04|
|Glenfinnan||12.58 ~ 13.03||?||15/50||?|
|Arisaig||13x41 ~ 13x46||?||14/58||?|
Back to "The Railtour Files"