24th - 25th March 2012
Society of Ireland
The Spare Link
|Locos Used||IE 217 & steam: 461|
|24/03||461||Dublin Connolly [P4] - Drumcondra - Clonsilla - Clonsilla Jn - Dunboyne - M3 Parkway (2)|
|24/03||461||M3 Parkway - Dunboyne - Clonsilla Jn - Clonsilla - Drumcondra - Dublin Connolly - Greystones - Gorey - Wexford - Rosslare Strand (3)|
|24/03||461||Rosslare Strand - Wexford|
|25/03||461||Wexford - Gorey - Greystones - Dublin Connolly - Howth|
|25/03||217||Howth - Dublin Connolly|
(1) This tour was run to commemorate the retirement of steam driver Dan Renehan.
(2) This was the first time a passenger train used the run-round facility at M3 Parkway.
(3) 461 ran light engine from Rosslare Strand to Rosslare Europort and back to turn on the turntable.
(4) This was the first visit of a steam locomotive to the Howth branch since 1979. It was also the first visit of a loco hauled passenger train since the ITG 'Southern Comfort' tour in October 2003. It also marked the first time a 201 class locomotive worked a train on the branch.
(5) 217 followed the tour light engine from Dublin Connolly to Howth, likewise 461 followed the tour light engine from Howth to Dublin Connolly
Source : Neil Brennan
Back to "The Railtour Files"